SummerSlam Live Notes
By Scott Keith on 7th August 2023
I was in Detroit over the weekend and thought you and the Blog might be interested in a few live notes from SummerSlam…
– Ford Field stinks. Concession and bathroom lines were insane all night and could have factored into the crowd being kind of mild. (They were handing out free C4 Energy drinks outside the stadium.)
– Cody vs. Brock was awesome and should have been the main event for the WWE Title. You already know that but I felt like it still needed to be noted anyway.
– LA Knight was the most popular person on the card by a wide margin. Love him or hate him, he’s all anyone walking into the stadium was talking about.
– Ronda Rousey’s entrance might have set a Guinness record for most people getting up to pee at once.
– Crowd was completely out of gas (or C4?) after the World Title Match. Only came back to life for the Iyo Sky cash in, which was very well received.
– Tribal Combat sucked the life out of the building in a way I’ve never seen involving the Bloodline. The general feeling on the way out seemed to be “We stayed here until 12:30 in the morning for THAT finish?”
Guess now they just tread water until Cody wins the Rumble again?
Sami can't win, the story is Cody. Cody can't win, the story is Jey. Jey can't win, the story is Cody again.