Did this way just make too much sense?
By Scott Keith on 27th April 2023
Regarding the new hot topic in pro wrestling…the world title situation. Couldn't they just have had Triple H come out and announce that the board of directors, in the interest of fairness with the upcoming draft, have decided the titles MUST be split up. Triple H says the board have decided each brand deserves its own champion and Roman just isn't defending the Undisputed Championship enough anyway. Triple H could even say, in his opinion, there's a good chance Roman might not have even made it to a 1,000 days holding both if he granted Cody his much deserved rematch. It should have been in a steel cage with no chance of Bloodline interference. Triple H announces that since Roman's 1,000 day reign started with the Universal Championship…he will retain that title. The WWE Championship is stripped and a new champion will be crowned at Night of Champions. Too simple? Makes too much sense?
1. Roman remains looking great never getting beaten.
2. Cody gets some redemption with Triple H implying he would have beaten Roman in a cage rematch with no interference….but Roman wouldn't agree to it.
3. Cody can then win the vacant WWE Championship in some of tournament and bring back the Winged Eagle for a little nostalgia run.
4. Roman can continue on with his long title run. Keep the Universal title 3,000 days, who cares? It's stupid and not the real world title anyway.
5. Last but not least, you didn't create a participation trophy!!
Now personally I hate the idea of two world titles and wish the IC/US titles were actually the top title for each brand. The WWE Championship should just be the cherry on top and a huge deal when the champ shows up on either show.
There are Soooooooooo many ways you can split up the titles. Have Authority Figure tell Roman that he has to defend both titles in one night, first against Sami in the rematch and then against Cody. Roman gets taken to the limit by Sami and wins to defend the Universal title, but the Usos get taken out and he decides to forfeit the WWE title rather than face Cody man to man. Title vacant, Roman still not beaten, Cody can continue chasing him later.