All Out of Challengers
By Scott Keith on 28th July 2022
Assuming CM Punk doesn’t make a miraculous recovery in the next month, who exactly is Jon Moxley supposed to defend his title against at All Out?
These are the Top 5 Contenders according to AEW’s weekly ratings…
1. Scorpio Sky – Recently killed by Wardlow, hasn’t appeared on Dynamite since
2. Hangman Page – Likely hung up with Dork Order and the Young Bucks
3. Jay Lethal – Couldn’t even win a secondary title in ROH
4. Powerhouse Hobbs – Feuding with Ricky Starks
5. Chris Jericho – Already getting a title shot before the PPV.
If none of these make sense, what other options are there? MJF or Kenny Omega come back, even though Mox headlining against both has already been done? Adam Cole loses another title match? Orange Cassidy as a wild card with probably no chance of winning? Wardlow or Claudio in a title vs. title match?
What’s going to make you want to spend $50 to see Moxley defend the (sort of) world title?
I don't know, they're pretty thin on top right now. Is there anyone WWE fired lately that they can sign and push to the top?
Barring that, I think the play if Punk is still unavailable is to have MJF make his big return and get the title shot due to legal wrangling.