Demolition 1990 heel turn – WE NEED ANSWERS!
By Scott Keith on 6th August 2021
Just finished reading your Summerslam 1990 rant, Scott (great as always), including the Demolition title loss to the Hart Foundation. I thought this was the perfect time to ask your longtime readers infos about the 1990 Demolition heel turn.
WHAT WE KNOW
– Demolition were faces at Wrestlemania VI, but heels at Summerslam 90.
– At one point between the two PPVs, they were joined by Crush.
– They were reunited on the November 10th episode of Superstars with Fuji.
– They were basically turned heel because Legion of Doom were on their way. LOD made their TV debut on July 15, 1990.
– As babyfaces, Demolition were involved in the months after Wrestlemania in disputes, shenanigans, accidental interferences, outside brawls due to misunderstandings with the Rockers and the Harts (two other babyface teams), notably on SNME.
– Demolition didn’t get a «OH MY GOD, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE, WHY, WHY???? heel turn moment.
– Wikipedia states: After WrestleMania VI, Demolition quietly turned heel for the first time since 1988. This intensified when Brian Adams debuted in WWF and joined the team as Crush.
1) Does anyone out there remember the specifics?
2) Was there an interview, a match, anything where you could say, for the first time: «Oh! Demos aren’t babyfaces anymore»?
3) Did it happened before Crush joined the team (as Wikipedia insinuate)?
4) Did I miss any crucial information that you would wish to add?
No, as noted they kind of gently transitioned to heels, getting more and more paranoid about losing their titles and then adding Crush at the house shows to basically turn heel on the road. Pretty much is was “Welp, LOD is coming, better turn them heel for the matches” and off they went.