Ultimate Fighting Championship V: Return of the Beast! (April 1995)
– Live from Charlotte, North Carolina
– Your hosts are Bruce Beck and Jeff Blatnick.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship IV
– Immediately the atmosphere is way different, with a smaller venue in Tulsa and a more redneck and bloodthirsty crowd than you’d see now. The hosts are Bruce Beck and Jim Brown (a former football player) and they REALLY make you long for Mike Goldberg. The soundbites from each fighter are also a far cry from the slicker production values presented today on Spike TV, to say the least. “Hi, I’m Steve Jennum, and I’m here to defend my title.” There’s no Tito Ortiz here, lemme tell you.
(To go along with the Observer this morning, here’s my rant for UFC 3 from Heavy.com)
Ultimate Fighting Championship III – The American Dream!
– So we’re back to an 8-man tournament again after the failed experiment that was the 16-man tournament of UFC 2. One minor rule change, as Big John now has the power to stop matches.
– Live from Charlotte, NC.
UFC #1 – The Beginning (November 1993)
– Since nobody read these on Heavy.com during the time I was writing for them, before they abruptly stopped paying me, I figure I might as well start posting here to coincide with the UFC shows in the Observer Flashbacks.
– No Rules! No Judges’ Scores! No Time Limits! How times change.