Night 16 of the G1 Climax 32 comes tonight from the Machida Gymnasium in Tokyo. Here is an update on Night 15 from the New Japan website. The New Japan preview is available here. The full card can be found here. Five block matches tonight (with notes on how the matches can impact final standings):
- C Block: Aaron Henare (1-4-0, 2pts) v KENTA (1-3-0, 2pts). Both men are mathematically eliminated.
- A Block: Toru Yano (1-4-0, 2pts) v Jeff Cobb (2-2-0, 4pts). Cobb must win to stay alive.
- D Block: Shingo Takagi (2-2-0, 4pts) v Yujiro Takahashi (3-2-0, 6pts) Takagi must win.
- D Block: YOSHI-HASHI (2-2-0, 4pts) v Will Ospreay (2-2-0, 4pts). If Yujiro wins, then both men must win to stay alive. (Also in D-Block, a 7-way tie is a possibility).
- B Block: Jay White (4-0-0, 8pts) v Taichi (2-2-0, 4pts). Taichi is already eliminated, and no matter what happens here the winner of Jay White v. Tama Tonga is the winner of the block.
Complete updated standing can be found here. The tournament will wrap up with four block matches on Sunday and a whopping EIGHT block matches on Tuesday to set up the semi-finals and finals on Wednesday and Thursday.
The show starts at 18:00 local time (JST), 10:00am BST, 5:00am EST and 2:00 am PST.
The show is as always available on New Japan World. Talk about it all here!