By Scott Keith on 28th June 2021
I think, after writing you several times, I have finally figured out the formula for how to get you to answer my e-mail on the blog. Here's an outline:
– Casual greeting, long time reader here. – Current wrestling news story, usually something AEW.
– Trivia so obscure it may or may not be true, but sounds good. Example: The 10th/15th/20th Anniversary of (blank).
– Namedrop somebody Canadian.
– Hot take on the last big show or angle. Bonus: what does Meltzer think?
– Politics or something.
– WWE. THIRTY WRITERS, AMIRITE?!
– Do you ever watch (obscure indy promotion or something Japanese)?
– Simpsons reference.
-Thoughts? What say you? Can you phrase your answer in a Rushmore?
And you answer with…
1. The math checks out.
2. Let's play it out and see where it goes.
3. Another Simpsons reference.
4. Making fun of me, or the ol' Saskatchewan brush off.
Did I make it this time?
You know, I typically answer these on my phone in the morning before work, so yes, something short and easy to answer is typically the best way to get in. Also something topical, and a question that I actually have the ability to answer (no, I don't know the detailed booking plans for every midcarder in the 90s). Emails with four questions in a list, at a paragraph each, usually go in the “when I have time on the weekend” pile.